Dave and I have decided that we need to start planning for our family's future, the problem is we don't know where to begin, and that is a difficult problem to have. Overall, we know that Texas is where we need to be - it is where the kids and I will be, at least. We found out that Dave may not be able to transfer to the office in Dallas unless there is a position open that he is qualified for. Unfortunately, with a degree in geology, it can be difficult to find a suitable position. We have considered Dave staying here in Oklahoma City and coming to Dallas on the weekends, which, though it is not a great option, it may be the only option we have for awhile.
In addition to this, we have to decide if we are going to rent a house, buy a house, or find an alternative to these options (i.e. staying with family friends for a few months).
Currently our house is on the market, and thankfully, we have time to consider these options while the right buyer finds us.
If life had a script, I would love to see it. Then I would know how to play my part precisely and effectively. And I could boss Dave around. :)
Not knowing the outcome, the process, the timeline, the details - this is the hard stuff. This is the stuff we have to leave to God, and pray for direction, or a sign, or an opportunity...something. Anything, really.
On a different note, my next appointment with the doctor in Oklahoma is next Tuesday, April 9th. Followed by an appointment with two doctors in Texas on Friday, April 12th.
Until then, life continues. And we wait and do our best to plan the un-plannable.
God be with you and His blessings upon you.